Nothing makes you look better than a good night’s sleep.
But if you’re not getting that, then watch our video to see Oonagh Connor, who works with a number of celebrities from Daisy Lowe to Lisa Snowdon, and has worked on such shows such as Britain’s Next Top Model, give her top tips on how to overcome that tired appearance.
Oonagh’s Top Tips:
1. When we’re tired, our skin appears washed out, pale and lacking lustre – to bring an instant glow, mix illuminator or an illuminating moisturiser into your foundation.
2. Bring some colour back to your cheeks by sweeping a blusher a shade brighter than your usual tone along your cheek bone.
3. Eyes are a big give-away to tiredness but luckily there’s a lot we can do in this area to brighten up our face – use eye creams to hydrate the area around the eyes.
4. To reduce puffiness around the eyes, place a spoon in the fridge to cool and then hold it over eye bags. An old wives tale!
5. To hide dark circles use concealer directly under the eyes.
6. For red eyes use flesh coloured eyeliner on the lower inside lash line.
7. Use neutral coloured eye shadows to help brighten the eyes.
8. Use eyelash curlers to open up the eyes. They can be heated or normal.
9. Use lengthening mascara to widen your eyes.
However it’s not just about covering up the signs of tiredness, it’s important to focus on the lifestyle decisions that you’re making. Essentially, the way to overcome the appearance of tiredness is to make sure you are properly rested.
10. Never underestimate the value of a good night’s sleep. It is probably the best beauty secret I can share! We need to consider our sleeping environment, making sure the temperature is right, and that we are sleeping on a comfortable bed. After all, the phrase ‘beauty sleep’ didn’t come from nowhere!
11. It’s vital that you drink plenty of water each day to keep your skin hydrated.
12. Eat a balanced diet to get the essential vitamins that will promote healthy skin, hair and nails.
13. The benefits of exercise are endless, but with a busy lifestyle it can be used to relieve stress, helping you to unwind.