By sleepcounciladmin on June 19, 2012
Research shows that an uncomfortable mattress can rob you of up to an hour’s vital, restful sleep. Our Bed MOT will help you determine if a new mattress would improve your chances of a better night’s sleep. It’s recommended that you conduct this MOT every year after the first three years of new bed ownership.
• Is it seven years old or more?
• Would it be embarrassing if neighbours saw it without its covers?
• Does it make suspicious noises in the night?
• Did you have your best night’s sleep recently with another one?
• Are you waking up more frequently unrefreshed and aching?
• Do you and your partner roll towards each other unintentionally?
• Do you have enough space to sleep comfortably?
• Does it feel lumpy in the night?
• Is it sagging?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to three or more questions, then it’s definitely time for a new mattress. Take a look around our website for tips on buying a new bed.
Lisa – The Sleep Council Team