By sleepcounciladmin on April 30, 2014
Sleep really is the answer to feeling and looking your best. People go to huge amounts of time and expense to eat well and exercise regularly but without a good night’s sleep all that effort will be in vain. And the foundation of good sleep is a comfortable, supportive bed, regularly replaced, ideally every seven years. Lack of sleep makes you grumpy, disorientated, more vulnerable to illness and does nothing for your appearance!
So with this in mind we’ve decided to launch a brand new month-long awareness campaign – ‘May be time for a new mattress’ – to highlight the importance of a comfortable, supportive bed. It makes sense to think about changing your old bed or mattress if it is seven years old or more. Even a mattress that looks OK may no longer be offering the levels of comfort or support that it should.
It all kicks off from tomorrow, so look out for us Facebook and Twitter. Not only will we be giving you lots of reasons why you need a good bed; we’ll be sharing some fun infographics and our updated interactive Bed MOT as well as offering some great giveaways.
And finally, if you’re not sure if it’s time to invest in a new bed, answer the questions below. Three ‘Yes’ answers and you’re not getting the best possible night’s sleep. Five or more and it’s time to buy a new bed!
- Is the mattress seven years old or more?
- Would it be embarrassing if neighbours saw it without its covers?
- Does it make suspicious noises in the night?
- Did you have your best recent night’s sleep in a bed other than yours?
- Are you waking up more frequently unrefreshed and aching?
- Do you and your partner roll towards each unintentionally in the middle of the night?
- Do you have enough space to sleep comfortably?
- Is it sagging?
• Does it feel lumpy in the night?