Leap for joy as we celebrate an extra day on February 29!
That’s the message from The Sleep Council who offers some timely tips on how to make the most of the ‘bonus 24 hours’.
“We often hear people wish there were more hours in the day. This extra day in February is a great opportunity to catch up on all sorts of things that there usually isn’t time for and that includes a lie in!” says Lisa Artis, of The Sleep Council.
Here are some ideas on how to make the most of the extra day:
- Turn your alarm clock off! Having an extra day is a great excuse to catch up on some much needed zzz’s. Turn off your alarm and enjoy waking up naturally
- A Leap in the Dark! If having a duvet day is a rarity, then take this chance to bury your head under the covers and indulge in some relaxation time
- Take time out. When busy lives take over, spending quality time with your partner or children can be hard to come by. Why not choose your favourite films and have a movie day in bed?
- Hit the shops. If you’ve been having problems sleeping, use the extra day to find your new mattress. A good bed is essential for a good night’s sleep and will set you in good stead for the rest of the year. To make the bed buying process easier, look for the NBF Approved ‘big tick’ label to make sure that the bed you’re buying is safe, clean and honest
- Tackle your ‘to dos’. Unfortunately we can’t avoid those everyday household tasks but if your ‘to do’ list never gets shorter, then use this day to complete them. Undone jobs can often play on the brain causing sleepless nights so tick off your tasks and enjoy a restful night.